For matters concerning privacy, contact Us by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- STOS MEDIA LTD, or Us, or We: STOS MEDIA LTD, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11247475 whose registered office is at 37 St Clair House, British Street, London, E3 4LU;
- Users: any person that accesses the Website and is not (i) both employed by STOS MEDIA LTD and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) actively providing services to STOS MEDIA LTD;
- Website: the website https://academia.media and any sub-domains of it unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions;
- Services: the functionality of the website and efforts of STOS MEDIA LTD that enables Users to communicate and access and share information (personal or other); and
- UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
We collect, store and use personal information with the aim of facilitating communication between and providing services to Users. We collect and store basic personal data about Users including title, name, email, phone number, online handles, occupation, job title and employer. We do not collect or store special categories of personal information (also known as sensitive personal information). All information is stored securely on servers inside the European Union.
Users choose the information they share with other Users except for their name, employer (institution/organisation), professional interests, and User-communication preferences. Only Users verified by Us may access the personal information of other Users. Users personal information can only be accessed via a secure and password protected website.
On occasion, in order to provide the Services or comply with laws and legal proceedings, We may share Users personal information with other parties. We will not commercialise Users personal information for any other reason than to provide the Services. We may transfer information about Users if acquired by or merged with another company; if such a transfer occurs, Users will be notified afterwards via email to their registered email address.
Users have the right to:
- be provided with copy of all personal information We hold about them;
- have updated or corrected any out of date or incorrect personal information We hold about them (in accordance with applicable data protection legislation); and
If Users want Us to stop using or to delete their personal information they should contact Us.